Rotki wants you to work with us! Looking for a backend developer!01 Oct 2020
Rotki is a true startup in the true sense of the word. A side-project trying to grow and get out into the world. At the moment we are a really small team and the issues and feature requests are piling up. Since rotki is opensource we have some help from amazing community volunteers but it’s time to grow the core team beyond 2 people. To do that we are looking for a backend developer to work with us and help us create opensource financial tools.
We are looking for a backend developer to help us improve Rotki. You will work mostly with the founder (Lefteris) who is presently the only other developer working in the backend. The task is to help in the development of new features, supporting more exchanges, more blockchains, more DeFi protocols and solving all issues/bugs that are coming our way.
Since this is a startup you will probably wear a lot of hats and may need to also help with the backend/infrastructure of our website and API.
- Excellent command of python.
- Experience in at least another programming language (Go, C/C++, Rust etc.).
- Write tests for features you code and bugs you fix. Not strict TDD, but also not complete absence of tests.
- Good technical understanding of Ethereum blockchain, interacting with it, querying it and knowing technical details of how it operates.
- [Optional] Similar knowledge of another blockchain protocol (e.g. Bitcoin).
- [Semi-Optional] Experience in django (should be easy to learn for a python dev).
- [Optional] Understanding of frontend tech used in rotki: Typescript + vue.js + electron.
- [Optional] Good understanding of docker and generally infrastructure related tech pertaining to web servers.
- Don’t be an asshole.
- Be a team player.
- Be an independent thinker and have a proactive can-do attitude. You will be guided for most tasks and there is always going to be mentoring when required but the more you manage to fend off by yourself the smoother the whole team will work.
- Be user-minded. The user is king. Everything we implement in Rotki, we do so that our end users are happy and have their problems solved.
- Have excellent English speaking skills.
- [Optional] Be located in Berlin or somewhere close. The other 2 full time members of Rotki are here and meeting face to face is valuable.
What we can offer
This position can be for either a half-time (50%) or a full-time (100%) role.
- WFH/Working remotely. We don’t care (as long as we meet up from time to time!) where you live, if you travel all the time, if you are in your underwear when coding etc.
- Flexible working hours. Nobody will count your hours. As long as the output is there and the result is good, we don’t care.
- Opportunity to work with some OGs in the Ethereum and general crypto space.
- Opportunity to work in opensource, have your code visible and running at the systems of the ever-increasing Rotki userbase.
- Potential for equity options in the company.
- Working on a lean and mean team without micromanagement.
How to apply / More Info
Send an email to email@example.com with your CV, a link to your Github profile and a small text about yourself and why you are interested to work with us on Rotki. Please include a link to a project you worked on and are the most proud about. Tell us why that is. If it’s opensource also include a link.
If you want more info on Rotki: